Posted on 13/11/2017
VA Caregiver Support
I was looking for something else and stumbled upon a link to VA’s Caregiver Support Services homepage.
Anything that assist is great for those that are looking for help and support taking care of your favorite veteran.
You can search for your Caregiver Support Coordinator where you are.
For the Caregiver:
- Caregiver Support Line
- Caregiver Support Coordinator
Services for your Veteran:
- Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) Centers
- Home-Based Primary Care
- Skilled Home Care
- Homemaker and Home Health Aide Program
- Home Telehealth
- Respite Care
- Home Hospice Care
This is important, the Caregiver’s Support Line. You never know when you might need to talk to someone.
From the website:
VA’s Caregiver Support Line
Assistance is just a quick phone call away – while you’re supporting a Veteran, we’re here to support you. Sometimes, the best thing to do is just talk it out. We have the support and information you need.
Our sole purpose is to help you – the wife or husband, mother or father, sister or brother, daughter or son, or loving family member or friend – who cares for a Veteran. Know that you deserve support, too, and you are eligible for assistance. VA’s Caregiver Support Line has licensed caring professionals standing by. We can:
- Tell you about the assistance available from VA.
- Help you access services and benefits.
- Connect you with your local family Caregiver Support Coordinator at a VA medical center near you.
- Just listen, if that’s what you need right now.